My 250 Dfc/Beastx build so far

My 250 Dfc/Beastx build so far

PostAuthor: richieg123 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:50 pm

here are a few pics of my 250 dfc build so far. I've fitted all the servos now and run all the wires in the frame as best I can and planning on fitting the beastx under the tail servo mount not fitted the beastx where I want it yet im going to do the set up first where it is then once completed ill remove the right side of the lower frame finish hiding the wires (apart from the tail servo wires).http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/richieg098/slideshow/

richieg123

Re: My 250 Dfc/Beastx build so far

PostAuthor: tony » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:55 pm

looks really sweet m8 but if I can say 1 thing 1 hard landing your your paying out 150 quid for a new beast x

id put it on the side of your heli

ive busted more skids than any other part of my heli m8
what you got a 1 cm clearance from ground to beastx swop it to the side put a match box there and see how long it would of lasted

here's a thread of some1 doing the same may help with wiring and stuff

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=387971

tony
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

PostAuthor: richieg123 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:25 am

thanks for the advice tony, im planning on fitting the beastx inside the frame once ive done the set set up as it would been hard to adjust it inside frame. what do you think about mounting in on the new tail servo mount once ive set it up

richieg123

PostAuthor: tony » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:33 am

you will need to play with the beast x for the first few flights m8 tails bend and get struck from blades skids snap I would put it inside frame but I think I would be hard so id put on the outside of frame and hide wires on the inside if you click on the link there's a pic of some1 with it on the outside of frame looks clean and safe ....

tony
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

PostAuthor: richieg123 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:44 pm

thanks for the advice tony, was thinking of C.O.G. having it in the frame. it might be a pain having it in frame but ive lined it up so it fits with the set up button and the tail dynamic, swash dcff and swash gain you can access through the cut out on bottom plate ive got the upgraded bottom plate on order too which has a bigger hole in and much more rigid :D thanks again for the advice though. probs going to end up with it mounted on the side anyway lol

richieg123

PostAuthor: tony » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:05 pm

how's the build coming along m8 did you get it finished

pics and maiden video come on im sitting on the edge of my seat

tony
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

PostAuthor: richieg123 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:58 pm

build all done servos all fitted wiring all hidden in frame started beastx setup got to menu point g ( setting the cyclic servo centres) but every time I scroll through the cyclics the pitch servo likes to jump up. got it sorted after a few attempts struggling to get 0 deg on blades had some issues there and that's where ive stopped. guessing that I need to use the swash alignment tool to get swash dead on im going to have a go with it later also found that the plastic links are a nightmare to fit to the linkage rods the thread seams to be to fine as if it were meant to go into metal needless to say I've broken a couple of plas ball links ordered came in post today thinking about getting set of turnbuckles. so ive lined up the swash got the horns/links at 90 deg but still got 3.5 deg on the blades nothing I do changes that value so back to square one take off all links again ill configure them as per manual take off the rotor head this time set up swash alignment refit rotor head and digital pitch gauge and hope and prey that I get 0 deg. do you have to turn the rotor blades to check that its at 0 deg all the way around the blade disc or do you just keep the blades in line with the tail boom. also when re zeroing the pitch tool does it need to be on a level surface or is it that you have to find a nice level (on bench) and then rezero the tool with the tool sat on a part of the heli which is level. finding it hard as nothing in my house is level. ANY advice greatly appreciated. hopefully I can get it sorted tonight. a bit windy for first test flight though

richieg123

PostAuthor: tony » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:45 pm

hi m8 yes it is fun I can tell your enjoying it lol

first thing I do is see what pitch my table is and my table is 0.02 then I add battery to make sure skids are level on the table other wise your tail pulls the front of the heli up and the tail down

so knowing my table is 0.2 deg I take 0.2 as my blades 0 deg mark and anything close to 0.5 degrees is good m8 you wont notices 0.5 degrees and if you did a poll most heli pilots are a degree are 2 out im normally 1.0 degrees but you got a tiny heli so I would work for about 0.5

ok m8 that little jump your servo do when you change servos to adjust is just there to tell you which servo you are adjusting it bounces as a visual aid so you now your working on the correct 1

you need to adjust servo arms so there 90 degrees after that ajust the links that go from servo arms to swash plate to get 0 degrees are close as you can

please remember after you move off the set up menu your swash plate will move with your tx so make sure you have your tx in (iu) ideal up mode..1 and you have a your 5 points set as 0 25 50 75 100 pitch curve and a flat line of 85%

if you get stuck im off to tomorrow pm me and ill send you my phone number

tony
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

PostAuthor: richieg123 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:56 pm

thanks very much yet again tony, im pretty sure what to do to get it close just got frustrated other night then snapped a few links as the are a nightmare as they are so small fall out of your fingers etc lol. first thing im going to do is put all links back to what it says in the manual and use them as a starting point think I had the swash to dfc head links too long doooooooouuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhh

richieg123

PostAuthor: tony » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:32 pm

you use them to align your blades do what I do and cheat I screw them in all the way nice and snug both the same no play left no thread left screw them all the way to the hilt m8 :lol:

tony
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Next

Return to Helicopter pics